Season 6 of the Northwest Truck Series is here! Tonight we kick the seasons off Superspeedway style. This will be the first of 33 races this season; a 200-mile slugfest at Daytona International Speedway.
Last year's championship hung in the balance all the way to the final laps of the final race but Mark Walz hung on to win his 2nd consecutive championship. Tonight Mark Walz begins his campaign to make it three Championships in a row. Who will step up to the podium and take the crown this season? With and expanded playoff field and the potential for up to 24 drivers to win their way into the playoffs over the course of the 24 race regular season, which includes 3 Superspeedway races, 2 road races, and 1 dirt race, everybody has a good shot at making the playoffs. And once the playoffs start, we know anything can happen.
With several new drivers in the fold this season we are not quite sure what to expect to tonight but if the Xfinity Series in an indicator, then expect a some long green flag superspeedway racing with a with somewhere in the neighborhood 40 Northwest drivers.
In the unlikely event we do have to turn some drivers away we will put the same grid rules in effect that we had in place for the race on Monday.
1. Top 20 drivers in points are guaranteed a grid spot but to claim a top 20 spot those drivers must either be in the practice session or inform an admin/driver's committee member of your intent to race at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled green flag start time (Let us know by 8:30 pm Pacific Thursday).
2. For the first 3 races this season we will use the previous season's point standings to determine the top 20 drivers.
3. 30 minutes prior to the race we will determine if we have more drivers than pit stalls. If it looks like we might be short on pit stalls we will put up a separate standalone qualifying session and any drivers without a guaranteed grid spot will need to run a qualifying time in that session to determine which drivers can advance to the feature event.
4. There will be a separate qualifying session in the attached race session that will be used to determine grid positioning
5. If there are enough interested drivers who did not make the cut for the featured event. we will throw up another race session for that split and let iRacing officiate it.
1 Mark Walz
2 Jeff Stabnow
3 Shawn Breitzman
4 Josh Culley
5 Bryan Barns
6 Christopher White
7 Brian Bennett
8 Stephen Seilstad
9 Jon Ottenbacher
10 Ray Fournier
11 Ryan Mains
12 Tom Green
13 Joshua Cushman
14 Corey Walters
15 Bret A Johnson
16 Gary Nichols
17 William Fletcher
18 Andy Vogt
19 Frank A Harris
20 Rick Hefley
The practice server opens up at 7:00 pm Pacific tonight and the green flag drops at 9:00 tonight.
We have been blown away by the interest in both the Xfinity and Truck series this season especially considering it is restricted to Northwest drivers. This is a testament to the quality of the drivers, the racing and the good people in the Northwest Racing Series Community. So a big Thank you goes out to all of you that have been a part of that.
We would also like to thank all of the people behind the scenes that make it all happen, in response to the uptick in membership we have also grown our driver's committee. We'd like to thank Stephen Seilstad, Corey Walters, Jon Ottenbacher, Christopher White, and Ray Fournier for pitching in and helping out this season as members of the driver's committee and of course Shawn Breitzman for taking on the thankless task of series Admin once again!
There are a lot of new drivers in the series this season and as with all things there are sure to be some growing pains but we are pretty proud of what have and can't wait to get this thing started tonight!
It should be another great race tonight in the Northwest Racing Series and as always Charles Wooten and Virtual Racing Network will be there to cover it live. The live broadcast pre-race show kicks off at 8:30 pm tonight!
Gentlemen Start Your Engines!!!
What: 200 miles of Northwest Truck Series fixed racing at the Daytona International Speedway
When: Tonight! Practice server opens at 7:00 pm and the race grids @ 89:00 pm All times Pacific
Who: iRacing Northwest Club members who have joined the Northwest Racing Series
Where: Virtual Racing Network will be there to cover all the action live!